Amla – Gooseberry – Dry Amla
Indian gooseberry is a wonder herbs and one of the precious gifts of nature to man. It contributes towards health and longevity. It is an important medicinal plant in ayurveda. Its fruit pulp is used for rejuvenation purposes and anti-ageing properties. It is used in form of Fresh Gooseberry Juice, Preserved Gooseberry Juice, Gooseberry Candy, Amla Churna, and Amla Fruit Pulp etc.
Gooseberry is virtually a superfruit. It is full of antioxidants that are effective in reducing cell damage. It reduces the effects of free radicals (which are responsible for damaging protein, DNA, and cell membranes) and thus effectively combats the aging process.
Amla can Improve your sex life, the iron content in Gooseberry has sperm enhancing properties. Ayurvedic practitioners suggest, drinking amla juice once a day helps increase the virility as well as sexual vigour. Amla has also proven to increase the motility of sperm and increase sperm production in men suffering from Oligospermia (a condition where a man has a low sperm count). Here are some exercises that can help you to improve your sex life. Incorporate these lifestyle changes for a better sex life.
Gooseberry is best herbal remedy to prevent from Heart Disease, a High cholesterol is the leading cause of heart disease. By reducing the build up of bad cholesterol, Amla reduces the risk of heart disease. It also reduces clogging in the arteries by boosting good cholesterol or HDL. Studies have also shown its benefits in preventing the thickening of blood vessel walls, the first sign of heart disease.
Gooseberry is also use for Hair care and Eye care, Gooseberry is used in many hair tonics because it enriches hair growth and hair pigmentation. It strengthens the roots of hair, maintains color, and improves luster. Eating fresh gooseberry or applying its paste on hair roots improves hair growth and color. Amla oil is very popular in India because it has been shown to reduce the chances of hair loss and baldness. Amla is also use for Eye Care, Drinking Gooseberry juice with honey is good for improving eyesight, and studies have shown it to improve nearsightedness and cataracts, while reducing intra-ocular tension. This is mainly due to its impressive content of carotene, which have long been known for their powerful effect on vision-related conditions, including those that stem from free radical activity.
Amla Increases Metabolic Activity, its ability to increase the absorption of protein, Indian Gooseberries are a great way to boost your metabolic rate. Your metabolic rate is how fast your body burns calories. Boosting it will lead to faster weight loss, higher energy levels and an overall increase in lean muscle mass.
How Amla work on Diabetes, Gooseberry contains chromium, which has a therapeutic value for diabetic patients. Indian Gooseberry stimulates the isolated group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin, thereby reducing blood sugar in diabetic patients and keeping their body balanced and healthy. Chromium also enhances the effect of betablockers, which are used for heart health, by reducing the LDL cholesterol content of the body.
Amla on health problems, Many health problems are caused by oxidative damage (when body cells use oxygen, they produce by-products called free radicals that can cause damage). Antioxidant agents prevent and repair these damages. Vitamin-C is a good antioxidant agent, which makes gooseberries a powerful tool against a variety of conditions, including various types of cancer.
Different names of Amla
Botanical name: Phyllanthus emblica.
English name: Indian Gooseberry.
Hindi : Aamla, Amlika, Aonla, आमला.
Arabic : Amlag , بعيدا.
Bengali : Amla, Amloki, আমলা.
Urdu : Amla, آملہ
Gujarati : Ambala, Anvala, Aamla, અંબાલા, અમલા, આમલા.
Kannada : Amalaka, Nelli, Nellikkai,ನೆಲ್ಲಿ.
Malayalam : Nellikka, നെല്ലിക്ക.
Marathi : Aavalaa, आवळा.
Tamil : Nellikkai, நெல்லிக்காய்.
Telugu : Usirikai, Usiri, ఆమ్లా.
Konkani : Avaalo.
Nepali : Amala.
Punjabi : Aula, ਕਲਾਸ
Manipuri – Heikru
Chinese – Anmole, an摩了
Benefits of Amla (Gooseberry)
- Prevents Ulcers, Due to its antibacterial properties, Amla is a great way of preventing ulcers
- It reduce the acidity level in the body and thus avoid the formation of ulcers.
- It reduces the level of acid in the stomach and combats stomach inflammation.
- It keeps the liver in check and flushes out unhealthy toxins.
- Amla helps in curing itchy, watery, and sore eyes.
- It Purifies Blood Because it is packed with antioxidants, Amla works as a blood purifier.
- It increases haemoglobin and red blood cells count.
- Amla is excellent for strengthening bones not just because of its high calcium content, but also for the fact that it lowers osteoclasts. These are the cells responsible for breaking up bones.
- Amla has three times the vitamin C of an orange. Vitamin C improves tannin levels in the body that shield from heat and light. It keeps your skin cool in the summer by regulating the heat.
- Its high fiber content, Amla is great for the digestive system. A happy side-effect of this is its effectiveness against constipation.
- It Prevents Jaundice, Because of its antibacterial nature, Amla prevents infections like jaundice and scurvy. Consuming Amla on a daily basis in the liquid form is the most efficient way to fight off these infections.
- It Reduces The Risk Of Cancer, Because Amla is rich in antioxidants, it has various medical applications. Superoxide dismutase, which fights free radicals and reduces cell damage, acts as a potent tool in the prevention of cancer.
How to use Amla (Gooseberry)
Amla Juice for Hair Tonic
Take a fresh amla and squeeze out its juice into a bowl. Apply it directly onto your scalp and massage with your fingertips gently. Let it sit for an hour. Then, wash off with a mild herbal shampoo. Regular application of this hair tonic will nourish your scalp, thereby making hair strands stronger.
Amla Hair Wash
It can be made from both fresh and dried amla. Cut some fresh amla into thin small pieces and put them into boiling water. After half an hour, strain the liquid. In case you are using dried amla, just soak the pieces in water for the whole night and strain the liquid in the morning. Washing your hair everyday with this concoction will help you prevent hair fall significantly.
How to make Amla and Shikakai Hair Pack
Take equal amounts of amla powder and shikakai powder in a small mixing bowl. Add some water to it. Blend well to form a thick smooth paste. Apply it onto your hair all along its length. Wait for next 30 to 40 minutes. Finally, wash off with cold water. Your hair fall will reduce to a great extent.
Amla for Brightens Skin
Amla is effective for lightening the skin because of Vitamin C, Chop up a few pieces of Amla and blend it till it forms a smooth paste. Take Half a papaya, Amla paste, Honey. First Mash a few pieces of papaya in a bowl, Add half a teaspoon of Amla paste and half a teaspoon of honey to it. Mix well till the paste is smooth. Apply and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water
Amla Anti-Aging Mask
This is suitable for people with oily skin.Take Tea leaves, Honey, Amla paste. Boil and strain tea leaves and let the water cool down. Add two tablespoons of tea water and one tablespoon of honey to Amla paste. Apply and wash with warm water after 10 minutes.