Other names of Safed Musli ( HERBAL VIAGRA )
- Hindi- safed musli
- Gujarati- dholi musli
- Arabic- shaqaqule
- Sanskrit- swet musli
- Tamil- taniravi thang
Safed musli ( Chlorophytum borivilianum) is found in tropical climates of the world. It is found mainly in India, America, and Australia. Safed Musli is a traditional medicinal plant in India. Its tuberous roots are used to prepare herbal products and ayurvedic medicines, especially a nutritive tonic used for curing general sexual weakness.
It is a rich source of over 25 alkaloids, vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, steroid and polysaccharides. The demand of safed musli is all over world which has made it famous by such names as “Indian Viagra”, “Roots of gold”, “Herbal Viagra”, “The wonder crop” etc. The most noted benefits of Safed musli ( Chlorophytum borivilianum) is it’s use in treating sexual deficiencies. It has been used for years to treat libido and infertility problems.
- Safed musli is a very popular aphrodisiac agent, with no side effects. It is often prescribed for enhancing male potency and overcoming signs of fatigue. It is particularly used for individuals with low sperm count and low libido.
- It is also regarded as an energy booster in asthmatic conditions. The roots of the herb are also used to strengthen the general immune system of the body.
- The tuber roots of the plant have been used since ancient times, to prepare nutritive tonic for sexual weakness and is used in Ayurvedic medicines even today.
- Safed musli proves useful as a nutritive tonic for both the mother and the fetus, during pregnancy and is also used to replenish the body fluids during the post-partum stage.
- The herb improves the quantity and flow of breast milk, in feeding mothers.
- It has many health promotional benefits. It is used to control and prevent obesity and its side effects.
- The activities of vitamin C and antioxidant enzymes are also enhanced by the use of this plant species.
- Research has indicated that the plant species is used for curing diabetes and arthritic conditions.
- Safed musli is also beneficial in the treatment of natal and postnatal problems.
- Its regular use causes increase in the level of High Density Lipoprotein (HDL or good cholesterol) and decrease in the plasma and hepatic lipid profiles.
- Apart from rejuvenating the reproductive system, the herb prevents premature ejaculation and is also used in chronic leucorrhoea.
Main uses of Safed Musli
- For use as an aphrodisiac for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low sperm count.
- As a Curative for Physical weakness and prevents many other illnesses
- As a Curative for natal and post-natal problems
- As an aphrodisiac agent and vitalizer
- As an effective alternative to Viagra
- As a general Sex tonic
- As an Immunity-improving drug
- As a remedy for diabetes and its complications
- As a Remedy for Arthritis