Saffron Zafran Kesar
Saffron is the most expensive spice in the world it also known as Zafaran or Kesar. The thread like part of Zafraan flower is used for many health and medicinal purposes. The most sought after herbal product is used in diseases like asthma, cough & cold, stomach ailments, insomnia, uterine bleeding, Alzheimer’s disease, infertility, depression, cholesterol, flatulence, etc.
People think that spices as nothing but food flavoring tools, but they didn’t know that spices contain high concentrations of certain important nutrients, including things like vitamin C. Ascorbic acid is so important for human health, as it stimulates the immune system’s production of white blood cells and also is crucial to the production of collagen, which is necessary for cellular production in the body, and contributes to wound healing, muscle growth, blood vessel repair, and tissue production.
Saffron are most use during pregnancy, women are generally advised to consume saffron milk as it enhances pelvic blood flow. Furthermore, saffron has carminative properties- this means that it helps to suppress cramps. Gas and bloating during pregnancy are common problems and a glass of saffron milk can help to ease digestion and reduce flatulence. Pregnant women also experience mood swings, anxiety, and depression. Saffron stimulates the production of serotonin in the body and so a glass of warm saffron milk is perfect for gloomy days.
Saffron (kesar) for radiant skin, Saffron is highly beneficial for radiant skin. It is suggested that one should make a face pack mixing of saffron (2 to 3 strands), milk (3 tsp) and sandalwood powder (1 tsp). Apply the paste on your face, massage gently and left it for 15 minutes followed by washing with fresh water. It should be done once in week to have smooth face. Get glowing skin by use of saffron (keasar), Take 4-5 strands of saffron and soaked it into water for 2-3 hours. Now, use this mix over your face and massage gently. Wash it after 5 minutes. The process may be repeated twice or thrice a week for fairer skin.
Saffron for Premenstrual Syndrome, About 85% of menstruating women suffer from at least one premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptom during their monthly cycle.You might be surprised to learn that a remedy for PMS is sitting right on your spice rack. Research has found that saffron can significantly reduce the symptoms of PMS that impact mood, behavior, and pain. Along with period relief, saffron can also help to reduce chronic uterus bleeding. saffron is best remedy for premenstrual syndrome.
Kesar Or Saffron is best remedy for Asthma patients, Asthma can be a really frustrating problem for a lot of people. It can make it very difficult to breathe. The reason it makes it hard to breathe is because your lungs become inflamed. When your lungs become inflamed, your airways begin to restrict which causes less air to be able to pass through. Saffron helps to clear your airways making it easier for you to breath.
Different Names of Saffron
English : Saffron
Hindi : Kesar, केसर, ज़ाफ़रान
Sanskrit : Keshara, Kunkuma, Aruna
Farsi : زعفران
Gujarati : Keshar, કેસર
Urdu :Zaffran, زعفران, کیسر
Kannada : Kunkuma Kesari, ಕೇಸರಿ
Bengali : Zaffran, জাফরান
Telugu : Kunkumapuva, కుంకుమ
Malayalam : kunkumam, കുങ്കുമം
Tamil : Kungumapu, குங்குமப்பூ
Marathi :Kesar, केशर
French : Safran
Greek : Krokos, Κρόκος
Italian : Zaffarano, Zafferano
Spanish : Azafrán
Health Benefits of Saffron (Kesar)
- Saffron for male vitality: Saffron is used to enhance men’s vitality. Even this magical herb has the ability to provide vigor to the older people.
- Saffron use for hair loss: The application of Zafraan over the scalp is good in treating of baldness (alopecia). The mix of saffron, milk and licorice when applied over the scalp is good in prevention of hair loss and hair growth. The application is also helpful in stimulating of hair growth.
- Saffron (kesar) is good for pimples: Make a paste of Zafraan ( 10 strands) and basil leaves (6-7 leaves). Apply the paste over your face and wash the same after 10 minutes. This application is good in prevention of acne, blemishes, pimples, wrinkles and other black spots from the face.
- Saffron use as anti-oxidants: Saffron is having many antioxidants that are beneficial in contending of free radicals thereby helps in prevention of diseases and promotion of health.
- Kesar controls heart rate: Potassium in saffron is good in controlling heart beat by allowing to slow down thus protect the heart.
- Kesar for blood pressure: The zafraan spice contains many minerals such as cooper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium. Some of these are helpful in controlling blood pressure as well as in the formation of haemoglobin.
- Saffron as stress buster: The presence of carotenoids is beneficial in boosting the level of immunity and reduces oxidant-induced stress.
- Saffron prevent from diseases : Saffron contains many bio-chemical compounds as antioxidants, which are good in contending of various diseases by controlling free radicals thus promotes overall well-being of the body.
- Saffron for detoxification: It has many therapeutic applications and in detoxification of the body. It is also used in body healing, cramps, spasms and spas.
- Saffron develops immunity: Saffron is having an appropriate percentage of vitamin C, which acts like as immunity booster and save you from various ailments.
- Kesar for Refreshment: Due to its unique taste, it is used in many food recipes as well as refreshment purposes.
- Saffron for muscular problems: Saffron is used in curing of age related muscular degeneration. Saffron not only reduces the degeneration process but also helps in healing the damaged cells.
- Saffron for neurological problems: Since the ancient times, saffron is used on the forehead because of its neurological benefits.
- Saffron for menses: Zafran is used to controlled blood loss during menstrual cycle.
- Saffron for arthritis: The auurvedic physicians prescribed saffron for arthritis patients. It is also good in controlling of asthma. Saffron helps to clear breath
How to Use Saffron for Different Problems
Saffron (Kesar) For Fairer Skin
To get naturally fair skin Soak a few strands of saffron in milk for 2 hours. Then Smear this milk all over your face and neck and Wash off after few minutes.Using this regularly will make your skin naturally fair. Here’s another mix that you can prepare to get naturally fair skin, Soak sunflower seeds (chironji) and saffron in milk and keep them overnight and Grind this mixture in the morning and Apply it on your face to get fair and glowing skin.
Saffron for Treatment Of Acne And Blemishes
The antifungal content of saffron makes it effective for the treatment of acne, blemishes, and blackheads. Mix 5-6 basil leaves with 10-12 strands of saffron to make a fine paste and Apply this on your face and Wash off with cold water after 10 to 15 minutes. This will help to remove acne and pimples.
Saffron to Treat A Dull Skin
Add 2-3 strands of saffron to one teaspoon of water and keep overnight and in next morning the color of the water will turn yellow.Add one teaspoon milk, 2-3 drops of olive or coconut oil and a pinch of sugar to this saffron water. Dipping a piece of bread in this mixture, apply it all over your face and Allow it to dry for 15 minutes and wash off. This mask will freshen up dull skin as well as help in erasing dark circles under the eyes. It also exfoliates your skin by helping blood circulation, thus making your skin smooth and glowing.